Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Please Welcome Our New Designer, Joe

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
    So will be a raid faction tournament with 5 star prizes cause uf rick was an accident then u have to do one for raid as well

Quote Originally Posted by Evil=kiwi View Post
    So will be a raid faction tournament with 5 star prizes cause uf rick was an accident then u have to do one for raid as well
    this sounds like spoiling kids :P

Tho i love the idea of a raid tourney faction for something nice

Quote Originally Posted by GigaBoss *Scopely* View Post
    Conversations are being had, and I consider it concern worthy. That's what I can relay at the moment. Please continue raising the issue as you see it, and be aware that it's not always 100% observable so the more factual a report is the easier it is to scope the problem. That rule was created with good intentions, so it's not quite as simple as just "changing it". The removal would also have negative impacts in certain War situations.
    Well current rules are like pre 3 seconds rule in basketball, and obviously rules are ineffective and need changes - if aim of the game is to be fair and not disbalanced. Reporting won't help simply cause we don't have insight in war score, when is farming happening, nor who is playing vs who (or was playing) so we don't have transparency at all. If we could have board with wars that are on, that passed and ended, like in any sport, we could pinpoint who is farming who, but like this we are throwing darts in a dark room.

Quote Originally Posted by Tdynasty View Post
    this community forum quickly turns sour when people's best hopes are
    not fulfilled completely.
    Lol. It also turns sour when a new event occurs, new characters are released and generally when the day of the week ends in a "y"

Scopely do not listen to their players. There is one way we can make them listen and that is by hitting them where it hurts. Their income. Whilst we keep spending, there is no impetus for Scopely to change.

Just for what it's worth, I understand. I've never blamed a player for not being happy in my entire career. Games are NOT supposed to make players unhappy (well... in the whole wide world there may be one or two, but those are niche genres or "art pieces" and exceptions to the rule).

There are improvements on the horizon.
    This in essence is why, despite playing daily since November 2015, I have not spent on anything other than war refills for the last 6 months. To blow $100 of my real money and get a booby prize of depot points is such a sucker punch of disappointment.

Conversations are being had, and I consider it concern worthy. That's what I can relay at the moment. Please continue raising the issue as you see it, and be aware that it's not always 100% observable so the more factual a report is the easier it is to scope the problem. That rule was created with good intentions, so it's not quite as simple as just "changing it". The removal would also have negative impacts in certain War situations.
    when you say "changing it," to what exactly are you referring? i am curious so that we can focus our suggestions for solving this problem on more actionable items.

if you need examples and hard data on farming/milking, i've got a year of it to show you. i'd be happy to, and to tell you about how it has impacted our region.

this is one of the first and still best threads to read if you want to see how farming/milking has changed the game for the worse. there are many suggestions there about how the process could be mitigated or eliminated.

i'd also like to point you to two other threads which detail some of the exploit and how it's being used. i created this thread in August, a full three months after Alex said he'd bring the issue to the team. we have never gotten a response until yours above.

i created this thread in september after the scoring system related to TKOs in wars was changed to award the winning faction not only a bonus for winning, but the difference in points between them and the team that they beat. this change made farming even more lucrative, as i explain in the first post. again, no response from any forum reps/moderators.

my kingdom for duct tape!
    --
    IGN: Rach (except when it's not lol)
    Region: Irwin (EN)
    Faction: Grizzly Bear Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    when you say "changing it," to what exactly are you referring? i am curious so that we can focus our suggestions for solving this problem on more actionable items.

if you need examples and hard data on farming/milking, i've got a year of it to show you. i'd be happy to, and to tell you about how it has impacted our region.

this is one of the first and still best threads to read if you want to see how farming/milking has changed the game for the worse. there are many suggestions there about how the process could be mitigated or eliminated.

i'd also like to point you to two other threads which detail some of the exploit and how it's being used. i created this thread in August, a full three months after Alex said he'd bring the issue to the team. we have never gotten a response until yours above.

i created this thread in september after the scoring system related to TKOs in wars was changed to award the winning faction not only a bonus for winning, but the difference in points between them and the team that they beat. this change made farming even more lucrative, as i explain in the first post. again, no response from any forum reps/moderators.
    And I created a thread to solve the problem to alleviate milking as well.

Easy way to solve milking in wars
    Not that we really bother much for the crappy prizes of late, but here goes.

Give steadily decreasing bonus points to winning faction based on how Fast they destroy the opposing faction.

Example

Destroy in the first 10 mins, gain 20k
    Destroy after 10 but up to 30 mins, gain 10k
    Destroy after 30 mins 5k

No further bonus points awarded. So it's possible to win but get lower points than a losing team.

Why does it work?

Currently a proper milked and milking team will delay in order to exploit the fact that a team that wins always gets more points than a losing team. So a milked team takes the kill, a milking team rakes up points. By not awarding bonus points and letting a team that won not get the huge difference in points, it disincentive the current milking relationship.

Teams that generally are strong constantly roll over the opponents who never bother to rebuild. i believe that war is the encouragement for teams to grow strong, and that they get the short end of the stick thru the milking exploit. If you genuinely want a fair win, teams that go 24/7 wars should be rewarded.

The maths is simple, milking gains BOTH team abt 60k to potentially 100k+ points per hour.compared to fast win teams who generally net abt 60+k per hour, basing on 1 vs 3 wars per hour. With the proposed bonus points award, fast teams are re balanced back to 120k per hour while milking teams then get scaled back to up to 80k per hour estimated.

So I believe it will then re balance back to truly good teams battling out the way wars seemed to be designed for to be enjoyed. In any case, last war in my region (Bryan) was more intense as the top 3 factions seriously put on their fighting gloves to AVOID getting Morgan.......... We spent more, burned more cans and had more fun, crap prizes withstanding.

So hoping this wall of text gets Scopely's attention. Btw, I come from the view of an avid gamer and games design background.

For the actual thread

=AoW= Art of War
    Bryan Region

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePaladin View Post
    Easy way to solve milking in wars
    Not that we really bother much for the crappy prizes of late, but here goes.

Give steadily decreasing bonus points to winning faction based on how Fast they destroy the opposing faction.

Example

Destroy after 30 mins 5k

No further bonus points awarded. So it's possible to win but get lower points than a losing team.
    thanks for posting this. good suggestion and glad to know that i'm not the only one still bothered by this practice

my kingdom for duct tape!
    --
    IGN: Rach (except when it's not lol)
    Region: Irwin (EN)
    Faction: Grizzly Bear Machine

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePaladin View Post

Example

Destroy after 30 mins 5k

It would be easier to make the bonus points one time only per battle.

The bonus points are meaningful in legitimate competitions, especially when you are in a lower faction up against tougher opponents you are not able to go head to head against. Often the difference between placing 4,5,6,7 can be how much you are able to score against stronger factions. And these bonuses are a dynamic part of a factions strategy.

You sound like a smart and savy guy, GigaBoss. That being said, "customers" is not just another word for "people". "Customer" implies a willful relationship.

Customers agree to abide by a set of rules/customs set forth by the establishment, and we expect a degree of quality and service in exchange. If either side screws it up, everyone walks away.

The fact that you tried to equate "customers" with "people" makes me skeptical. I hope it was just a momentary slip of the tongue.